Friday, November 23, 2007

Fullmoon...

The full moon is enormous. Last night was our Thanksgiving day dinner, so my best buddy Mdm. Sandra was over to share in the orgy of food. She has just recently moved into my town, and so we are once again neighbors. Moving is not easy, but she needed the change, I for one am thrilled she's here, even if she sometimes wonders "What in the hell have I done!"
Anyways, right at sunset we stepped outside to call the Hubbinator in for dinner when we both saw the amazing full moon. Or near full, as tonight is the actual big event.
The sky was lavender, and blue. Pale and cold. The vapour of our breathe hung in the still air, all was quiet.
There in the sky, silvery white hung the moon. We stood there together for a moment, awed by it's glory, in a silence of shared joy.
Then we both began to get cold.
But before we trotted back into the warm house, I told her how happy I was that she was there to share in the moment, and she agreed. We hugged, and got all choked up like the sentimental ninnies we are.
We laughed for being so sappy, but it really was cool moment.
We have known each other for almost 20 years. Maybe it is more than twenty now, I forget. Being able to share in a silent moon gazing is one of the many reasons why she is my best friend.

I hope everyone is enjoying this glorious full moon.

No comments: