Monday, June 23, 2008

Here piggy piggy...



Wild Boar

Here he is a wild boar that I forged up three years ago, and only now hung up on the smithy wall.
I love Wild Swine, and I know they are pain in the butt to farmers, yes they are over running the vinyards of France and Germany but I like them still.
They were also sacred to my ancestors, so much so that they wore boar crested helmets into battle, see link=
http://www.wiganarchsoc.co.uk/content/News_Letters/news005.htm

I made this for the fun of it, a rare thing. Working in the forge is almost always for paying clients these days. I don't make the time nor have the time to just be an "artiste".
Too many other things need doin around here.

5 comments:

greentiger said...

Oooo I like this! Like some of your painted artwork made iron!

Anonymous said...

He's extraordinary, a work of art, and would grace any banqueting hall in France or Germany!

Interesting link too...when did your family move to the states?

Heidianne said...

Thanks for the compliment! I usually make things for clients and never get to just create art for myself. So he was fun to do, heavy, but fun! Any wealthy German Barons needing some art in their hunting lodges or castles please let me know, he can be had!

Well, the English ancestors arrived around 1650 ish. via Nova Scotia.... down to Dover, New Hampshire. The rest after 1700.
Mothers parents are English= (Pinkhams/Holmes/Whittington and German=Rudolph /Wise)
So they have been here awhile.
Part of Dan's family come from Loch Gilphead Scotland. He's been there the lucky bastard...but that was before we met so no hard feelings! ;)
Glad you like the link!

Anonymous said...

Wow - he really has personality. He speaks to my celtic soul - and would make an awesome tattoo! By the way, Shrewsbury is Sept 13/14 this year...

Heidianne said...

Well Iam glad you dig him! We will be at Oktoberfest that same weekend! Dang it!
oompah and singing at a long table...